1. What kind of information we use and collect?
- When using and accessing our Website, we may use and collect information of technical nature (as applicable), including your IP address, activity log of your use of the Website, user agent, information about your browser and operating system, and if you chose to upload a file or URL for scanning, we will also collect such files and URLs.
- We use technologies like cookies and pixel tags to provide, improve, protect and promote the Services. For example, cookies help us understand how you are interacting with our Website and improve it based on that information. You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this may limit your ability to use the Website.
- Unless you disable the Software, it may access and/or collect certain data as specified below: (i) time and date of certain events related to the Software (such as launching and scanning, updating and uninstalling the Software), activity log of your use of the Software and the features of the Software you use the most. In addition, we may collect, use and access the files and URLs you upload for scanning, the files and URLs we detect as threats and the files that were removed by the Software; (ii) software installed on your computer including extensions and add-ons; (iii) certain information of technical nature, such as, your account information, online activity, machine activity, operating system, browser type and version, and, meta data on unknown files; and (iii) certain network identifiers such as IP Address. Further, if you chose to purchase the Premium Edition of the Software, we may combine your information with all the foregoing information. In addition, when purchasing the Premium Edition of the Software, your email address and name, as provided by you, will be collected by us and will be used by our Third Party Service Providers for processing payments, and by us for sending you messages about the Services, if applicable.
We may also collect and retain information related to any encryption process that affects the honeypot files deployed by our Anti Ransomware feature (applies to Premium Edition only).
The Software includes Endpoint Detection Response (EDR) tool which allows us to detect malicious activity early for prevention purposes and includes dynamic analysis of device data.
2. How we use the collected information
We use the information collected from you as necessary for the performance and facilitation of our Services, including for the following purposes:
- To provide, support and operate the Services as well as to further develop, enhance and improve our Services and your user experience with our Services.
- To communicate with you, including for support purposes, and for sending you Services-related information such as invoices, updates, security alerts.
- To comply with applicable legal obligations.
- To detect and prevent fraud, security and other issues of technical nature.
- We may also use or share your information to operate our business, including for debugging, support, security, billing and auditing, business analysis and improving our Services (as more fully described in Section 3(c) below).
3. How we share information?
- In the event of an event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, your information may be transferred or sold.
- Third Parties. We have partnered with a number of selected service providers, whose services and solutions complement, facilitate and enhance our own. These include hosting and server co-location services, communications and content delivery networks (CDNs), data and cyber security services, domain name registrars, fraud detection and prevention services, web analytics, e-mail distribution and monitoring services, session recording and remote access services, performance measurement, data optimization and marketing services, content providers, and our legal and financial advisors (collectively, and including the “Payment Processors” listed under subsection (d) below, the “Third Party Service Provider(s)”). Such Third Party Service Providers may have access to your personal information, depending on their specific purposes and roles in enhancing and facilitating our Services, and may only use such information for limited purposes determined in our agreements with them.
Please note that we may share the following categories of personal information with Third Party Service Providers for a business purpose: online identifier, internet protocol address, country, state and city, external ID, Zip Code, Facebook Click ID or other similar identifiers; commercial information, for example information regarding products or services purchased, obtained, or considered.
With our corporate affiliates - from which we receive services, such as IT, security, storage, and other internal operations.
To detect and prevent fraud, security and other issues of technical nature.
To protect our rights as well as the rights of our users.
4. Information about children
This site is not intended for, or designed to attract, children. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we actually know is an individual under the age of 13. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
5. About our advertising policies
Please note that we do not change our practices in response to a “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header from a browser or mobile application, however, most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser.
6. Data Subject Rights
If you wish to exercise your privacy rights under any applicable law, including the EU or UK General Data Protection Regulation (collectively, the “GDPR”), the Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection (the “FDPA”), the California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”), the California Privacy Rights Act (the “CPRA”) and the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (the “VCDPA”). please send us an email to: Support@reasonlabs.com. We will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your request, as applicable to privacy laws. Please note that we may ask for additional information, in order to authenticate and validate your identity and process your request (including personal data).
You may have different privacy rights, depending on your country or state of residence, please see further details in the sub-sections below (as applicable to you):
- European Economic Area (“EEA”) and United Kingdom (“UK”) and Switzerland:
If you are located in the EEA, UK or Switzerland, the GDPR or FDPA (as applicable) apply to you.
We act as controllers and process personal information as necessary for the performance of our agreement with you.
We may also process your personal information to comply with applicable legal requirements and/or obligations, and to support our legitimate interests in developing, maintaining, and improving our Services to allow better threat intelligence resources. Please note that under the GDPR or FDPA you may the following rights (each, to the extent available under the law which applies to you):
- Right to Access: You have the right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you.
- Right to Receive Information: You have the right to receive information concerning the processing of your personal information.
- Right to Block: You have the right to request to block or restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Right to Erasure (Deletion): You have the right to ask that we erase (the “right to be forgotten”) and rectify your personal information (that we process as controllers).
- Right to Object: You have the right to object to processing, which is based on our legitimate interests.
- Right to Withdraw Your Consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal information.
To submit a request for exercising your rights, please contact us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that the processing of your request is subject to verification of your identity.
If we have not addressed your concerns, note that you also have a right to file a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority (e.g., of your domicile or country).
- United States of America:
If you are a resident of California or Virginia, the CCPA, CPRA or VCDPA (and/or similar state laws, as applicable) apply to you, and this section explains your rights under State privacy laws and contains disclosures required by law.
For the purposes hereof,** we collect personal information as a business (as defined under applicable privacy state laws). Such information is used and disclosed for “business purposes”.
Please note that under the CCPA, CPRA or VCDPA (and/or similar state laws, as applicable) you may the following rights (each, to the extent available under the law which applies to you):
- Right to Know: You have the right to know the categories and specific pieces of personal information that are being collected about you.
- Right to Disclose: You have the right to ask that we disclose certain information about our collection and/or use of your personal information during the past 12 months.
- Right to Delete: You have the right to ask that we delete the personal information we have collected from you and retained.
- Right to Opt-Out: You have the right to opt out of the 'sale' of your personal information by a business.
- Right to Equal Service and Price: You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising the mentioned rights.
To submit a request for exercising your rights, please contact us at the following address: email@example.com. Note that the processing of your request is subject to verification of your identity. You may also appoint an authorized agent to exercise these privacy rights on your behalf (subject to certain limitations such as identity verification process and the submission of written approval to act on your behalf).
We will store information collected from you for as long as you are using our Software. If you decide to uninstall the Software, your data will be retained for an additional period of 30 days, following which, it will be deidentified.
8. Storage and Cross-Border Transfers of Personal Information
The nature of our products requires us and our service providers to store, maintain and process your data globally, in order to meet our legal obligations and to provide you with our Services effectively.
Several countries can be involved, including the U.S., European countries, Israel, and others. In some cases, countries outside of the EEA might be involved in the data transfer process.
Situations in which we transfer personal information outside the EEA include (but are not limited to): providing our products, processing transactions and payment details and providing support Services. Moreover, a transfer outside the EEA can also occur as part of M&A transactions, where the purchaser is located outside the EEA.
10. How can you contact us?
11. Representative for Data Subjects in the EU and UK
We value your privacy and your rights as a data subject and have therefore appointed Prighter Group with its local partners as our privacy representative and your point of contact. Prighter gives you an easy way to exercise your privacy-related rights (e.g. requests to access or erase personal data). If you want to contact us via our representative, Prighter or make use of your data subject rights, please visit the following website: https://prighter.com/q/12015696620