1. What kind of information we use and collect?
- When using and accessing our Website, we may use and collect information of technical nature (as applicable), including your IP address, activity log of your use of the Website, user agent, information about your browser and operating system, and if you chose to upload a file or URL for scanning, we will also collect such files and URLs.
- We use technologies like cookies and pixel tags to provide, improve, protect and promote the Services. For example, cookies help us understand how you are interacting with our Website and improve it based on that information. You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this may limit your ability to use the Website.
Unless you disable the Software, it may access and/or collect certain data as specified below: (i) time and date of certain events related to the Software (such as launching and scanning, updating and uninstalling the Software), activity log of your use of the Software and the features of the Software you use the most. In addition, we may collect, use and access the files and URLs you upload for scanning, the files and URLs we detect as threats and the files that were removed by the Software; (ii) software installed on your computer including extensions and add-ons; (iii) certain information of technical nature, such as, your account information, online activity, machine activity, operating system, browser type and version, and, meta data on unknown files; and (iii) certain network identifiers such as IP Address. Further, if you chose to purchase the Premium Edition of the Software, we may combine your information with all the foregoing information. In addition, when purchasing the Premium Edition of the Software, your email address and name, as provided by you, will be collected by us and will be used by our Third Party Service Providers for processing payments, and by us for sending you messages about the Services, if applicable.
We may also collect and retain information related to any encryption process that affects the honeypot files deployed by our Anti Ransomware feature (applies to Premium Edition only).
The Software includes Endpoint Detection Response (EDR) tool which allows us to detect malicious activity early for prevention purposes and includes dynamic analysis of device data.
2. How we use the collected information
We use the information collected from you as necessary for the performance and facilitation of our Services, including for the following purposes:
- To provide, support and operate the Services as well as to further develop, enhance and improve our Services and your user experience with our Services.
- To communicate with you, including for support purposes, and for sending you Services-related information such as invoices, updates, security alerts.
- To comply with applicable legal obligations.
- To detect and prevent fraud, security and other issues of technical nature.
- We may also use or share your information to operate our business, including for debugging, support, security, billing and auditing, business analysis and improving our Services (as more fully described in Section 3(c) below).
3. How we share information?
- In the event of an event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, your information may be transferred or sold.
Third Parties. We have partnered with a number of selected service providers, whose services and solutions complement, facilitate and enhance our own. These include hosting and server co-location services, communications and content delivery networks (CDNs), data and cyber security services, billing and payment processing services, domain name registrars, fraud detection and prevention services, web analytics, e-mail distribution and monitoring services, session recording and remote access services, performance measurement, data optimization and marketing services, content providers, and our legal and financial advisors (collectively, “Third Party Service Provider(s)”). Such Third Party Service Providers may have access to your personal information, depending on their specific purposes and roles in enhancing and facilitating our Services, and may only use such information for limited purposes determined in our agreements with them.
Please note that we may share the following categories of personal information with Third Party Service Providers for a business purpose: online identifier, internet protocol address, country, state and city, external ID, Zip Code, Facebook Click ID or other similar identifiers; commercial information, for example information regarding products or services purchased, obtained, or considered.
- With our corporate affiliates - from which we receive services, such as IT, security, storage, and other internal operations.
- To detect and prevent fraud, security and other issues of technical nature.
- To protect our rights as well as the rights of our users.
4. Information about children
This site is not intended for, or designed to attract, children. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we actually know is an individual under the age of 13. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
5. About our advertising policies
Please note that we do not change our practices in response to a “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header from a browser or mobile application, however, most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser.
6. GDPR Data Subject Rights
If you are located in the European Economic Area, United Kingdom, and Switzerland, the following provisions apply to you –
We act as controllers and process personal information as necessary for the performance of our agreement with you.
We may also process your personal information in order to comply with applicable legal requirements and/or obligations, and to support our legitimate interests in developing, maintaining and improving our Services to allow better threat intelligence resources.
Please note that you have the following rights: (i) to request access to the personal information that we hold about you, (ii) to block or restrict the processing of your personal information, (iii) to ask that we erase or rectify your personal information (that we process as controllers), and (iv) to withdraw your consent for the processing your personal information.
To submit a request for exercising your rights, please contact us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that the processing of your request is subject to verification of your identity.
If we have not addressed your concerns, note that you also have a right to file a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority (e.g. of your domicile or country).
Note that we will transfer your information to the United States based on the Standard Contractual Clauses. If you wish to receive a copy of these clauses, please contact us through the below contact details.
7. CCPA Data Subject Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California residents with certain rights over their personal information (subject to certain exceptions), such as: (a) you may ask that we disclose certain information about our collection and/or use of your personal information during the past 12 months; (b) you may ask that we delete the personal information we have collected from you and retained; (c) you may opt-out of the ‘sale’ of your personal information by a business; (d) we shall not unlawfully discriminate against you for exercising the above mentioned rights. To submit a request for exercising your rights, please contact us at the following address: email@example.com. Note that the processing of your request is subject to verification of your identity.
For purposes of the CCPA, this clause shall serve as a notice of the right to opt-out of ‘sale’ of personal information.
Note that we may disclose personal information to third parties that are business partners or authorized Service Providers, who have accepted our contractual limitations as to their disclose, use and retention of such personal information.
We will store information collected from you as long as you are using our Software, or as long as it is reasonably necessary for us to provide you with the Services. Once you delete our Software, please send an erasure request in accordance with the above procedure.
10. How can you contact us?