Your privacy is our priority, but your trust in us is equally important. That's why we want to be as transparent as possible in our policies. We want you to understand the type of information we collect, why we collect that data, and exactly how we use the information we collect.
- RAV VPN is a zero-logs VPN service provider, which means that we do not monitor, collect, or log your browsing activity when you are connected to our Services (as such term is defined below).
- In general, however, we monitor our Services activity to measure its performance and improve functionality.
- We do not sell or rent personal information to others, under any circumstances.
- Your data is secured and rendered anonymous whenever you are connected to our Services.
- In order to provide you with our Services, we need to collect an email address and payment method which will be used by our third-party payment processors to process transactions.
Information We Collect
RAV VPN does not monitor, collect, or log your browsing activity, under any circumstances, on any platform.
While you are not required to provide any identifiable ("personal") information to browse our Site, in order to subscribe to our Services, you must first create an account and register with us. This is solely to maintain an active subscription to our service.
We aggregate and process information from Site visitors using cookies, pixels, and similar technologies, such as Google Analytics. In such cases of automated collection, the focus of this data collection is on our Site performance, fraud detection, and prevention purposes, not on your personal information. You can browse our Site without submitting any personal information. The only data we collect from all visitors is in order to improve our Site. This information is aggregated, offering a high-level view of our Site activity, including:
- Page requests
- Browser type and version
- Operating System
- Bounce rate
- Average time spent on our Site
- IP Address and based on your IP, your country
When you use the Site, we may collect and use information from your device including your IP address, user agent, your activity log on the Website, a unique identifier generated by us and your operating system and browser. Further, if you are a PC user and you choose to purchase the Pro Version of the Software, we will collect your name, phone number and email address.
You may need to provide an active email address to use the service. Additionally, if you choose to purchase a Premium subscription, you will be required to provide your address and payment method (which will be used by our third-party payment processors to process transactions), and your full name, which will be also used by us for sending you messages about the Services
We may also collect and process aggregated anonymous data, such as your language preference, device model and brand, country, operating system, lengths of sessions, server usage, crash reports, UI interactions, app build version and API requests. We will only use such aggregated anonymous data to optimize and improve our Services identify bugs and diagnose app crashes.
Cookies collect information about the use of our Site, and provide users with basic functionality; such as allowing you to save your account credentials to your browser. The cookies used for our Site are not connected to our Services in any way and cannot be tied to your Service activity.
Opt-Out for All Website Cookies
Many web browsers accept cookies automatically. There are many resources that advise you on adjusting cookie settings, such as About Cookies. You can block cookies any time by adjusting your browser settings, visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page, or by disabling specific third-party pixels (see below). Please note that some of the features on our Site depend on cookies to properly function.
Opt-Out from Third-Party Pixels
How We Use Your Information
We do not sell personal information to third parties under any circumstance.
The information we collect through our Site is used for the following general purposes:
- Process. To create your account, collect payment for our Services (by our third party payment processors), verify your identity when you log into the Site, and administer accounts;
- Analyze. To monitor usage and trends in order to better understand how our Site is found and used, manage customer relationships, and approach users with relevant content;
- Communicate. To send you information periodically about news, products, services, and offers made available by us, our affiliates or our marketing partners;
- Troubleshooting. To respond to your requests for help and technical assistance, and maintain internal records of support histories.
The information we collect through our Services is used for the following general purposes:
- Process. To create your account, collect payment for our Services (by our third party payment processors), verify your identity when you log into the Service, and administer accounts;
- Troubleshooting. To understand the source and cause of app crashes, and to improve functionality;
- Support. To communicate with you, including for support purposes, and for sending you Services-related information such as invoices, updates, security alerts;
- Operation and improvement of our Services. To provide, support and operate the Services as well as to further develop, enhance and improve our Services and your user experience with our Services; and
- Security. To detect and prevent fraud, security and other issues of technical nature.
As previously outlined RAV VPN does not collect or log any traffic of its Services, under any circumstances. We may, however, compile some statistical information related to app crashes.
Security Measures We Have In Place
In the workplace
We use industry best security measures to protect your personal information from loss, theft, misuse, or unauthorized access. All of our employees are kept up-to-date on these best practices. In addition, we restrict employee access to service administrative panels to only those who require such access in order to perform their job functions.
On the internet
We make all of your data concealed and safeguarded as often as possible. Where appropriate, we use encryption, access controls, passwords, and physical security measures to protect the information we collect and maintain about you against unauthorized access and disclosure.
We send a small number of emails for transactional purposes, all of which we’ve outlined below.
- Password reset - if, for any reason, you’ve requested to reset your RAV VPN account password, then you’ll receive a password reset email. This email provides a unique password-reset link and instructs how to complete your password reset;
- New password - if, for any reason, you’ve completed a password reset, then you’ll receive a new password email. This email confirms your password reset and explains how to change your password in the future, if you wish to;
- All new subscribers to RAV VPN receive product awareness emails. These emails offer application tips and helpful hints to RAV VPN account holders who may be unfamiliar with the benefits and inner-workings of a VPN.
Unsubscribing From Promotional Emails
You may opt-out from receiving future promotional emails at any time by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe' link contained in the bottom of every email. While you may not receive promotional emails on behalf of RAV VPN, you will continue to receive transactional emails from us. Transactional emails are system-generated communications that pertain to your account status; we will only send these emails during one of the instances listed in the section above.
Our Site and Services are not intended for anyone under the age of 18 years old. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child has provided personal information to us, please contact us so that we can delete the child's information.
Changes to This Policy
Data Location & Retention
The nature of our services requires us and our service providers to maintain and process your data globally in order to meet our legal obligations and to provide you with the Services effectively. Several countries will be involved, including Europe, the U.S., Israel, and others.
Except as required by applicable law or according to any agreements you may have with us, we may store information collected from you as long as you are using our Services, or as long as it is reasonably necessary for us to provide you with the Services.
CCPA Data Subject Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California residents with certain rights over their personal information (subject to certain exceptions), such as: (a) you may ask that we disclose certain information about our collection and/or use of your personal information during the past 12 months; (b) you may ask that we delete the personal information we have collected from you and retained; (c) you may opt-out of the ‘sale’ of your personal information by a business; (d) we shall not unlawfully discriminate against you for exercising the above mentioned rights. To submit a request for exercising your rights, please contact us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that the processing of your request is subject to verification of your identity.
For purposes of the CCPA, this clause shall serve as a notice of the right to opt-out of ‘sale’ of personal information.
Note that we may disclose personal information to third parties that are business partners or authorized service providers, who have accepted our contractual limitations as to their disclose, use and retention of such personal information.
GDPR Data Subject Rights
If you are located in the European Economic Area, United Kingdom, and Switzerland, the following provisions apply to you –
When we process your personal information upon your usage of our Services, we do so on the basis of your consent. If you wish to revoke your consent, please contact us at email@example.com.
Further, we act as controllers and may process personal information as necessary for the performance of our agreement with you. We may also process your personal information in order to comply with applicable legal requirements and/or obligations, and to support our legitimate interests in developing, maintaining and improving our Services.
Please note that you have the following rights: (i) to request access to the personal information that we hold about you, (ii) to block or restrict the processing of your personal information, (iii) to ask that we erase or rectify your personal information (that we process as controllers), and (iv) to withdraw your consent for the processing your personal information.
To submit a request for exercising your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that the processing of your request is subject to verification of your identity.
If we have not addressed your concerns, note that you also have a right to file a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority (e.g. of your domicile or country).
Privacy Settings and Requests
How to Contact Us