Online Security & Identity Protection Extension
Trust Online Security
This extension gets a 5/5 from me.
What is Online Security?
The Importance of Identity Theft Protection
Why Choose Online Security Extension for Edge or Chrome
Identity Theft Risks:
Why Do I Need Online Security Protection?
Identity Theft Protection and Online Security Tips
Stays in the background and keeps me safe.
Online security encompasses a wide range of measures and technologies designed to protect individuals and organizations from cyber threats and safeguard their data and online activities. Implementing a combination of these online security measures can significantly enhance the protection of personal and organizational data and reduce the risk of falling victim to cyber threats and identity theft.
You can check website security online using a tool such as Online Security, which can reliably assess a website’s security and identify potential threats. Online Security employs a URL blocker to detect malicious websites and will display an appropriate warning or error message so you can take appropriate action.
A Chrome security extension is a type of browser extension specifically designed for the Google Chrome web browser. These extensions add extra layers of security and privacy to Chrome, helping users protect themselves from various online threats and enhancing their overall browsing experience. Chrome security extensions come in different forms and offer a range of features to safeguard users while they surf the internet.
ReasonLabs’ full cybersecurity suite includes products to enhance users’ online experiences and offer top identity theft protection. Our products include:
- Online Security: Providing your browsing experience with a robust identity protection layer
- RAV Endpoint Protection: Next-generation antivirus with machine learning behavioral detection
- Safer Web DNS Filtering: DNS filtering for enhanced privacy protection
- RAV VPN: End-to-end network encryption between your device and the internet
- FamilyKeeper: AI-powered parental control app to protect your kid’s digital privacy
The URL blocker protects users from malicious websites, phishing attempts, or inappropriate content. URL blockers prevent users from accessing specific URLs or websites that have been deemed undesirable or potentially harmful.
- Blacklist and Whitelist: The URL blocker maintains a list of URLs that are either allowed (whitelist) or blocked (blacklist).
- URL Filtering: When the user tries to access a website, the URL blocker intercepts the request and checks the website’s URL against its blacklist and whitelist databases. If the URL matches an entry on the blacklist, the extension will block access to the site and display an appropriate warning or error message.
- Regular Updates: The URL blocker regularly updates its blacklist to stay current with new threats and malicious websites. This process ensures that users are protected against the latest online security risks.
The Dark Web Monitoring feature scans the internet and the dark web for a user’s personal information, providing top identity theft protection. Users are alerted if they have been involved in a data breach and their credentials are being sold on the dark web.
- Email Address Monitoring: Users enter their email addresses, which are then scanned by the Dark Web Monitoring software to detect if any personal information connected to that address has been involved in any data breaches.
- Continuous Scrutiny: Dark Web Monitoring only requires you to enter your email once and it will monitor your emails continuously, for as long as you need.
- Real-Time Protection: Scans are performed in real-time to keep users up-to-date on any data breaches they may be involved with, and once a new breach occurs, users receive a notification to take action - whether they need to change a password, close an account, or alert authorities
By scanning downloads, Online Security adds an extra layer of security to the user’s online activities, helping them make informed decisions about the files they download and reducing the risk of falling victim to cyber threats.
- Identifies threats: The downloads scanner analyzes and assesses the safety of files that users download from the internet, helping users identify potentially malicious or harmful files that could compromise their online security and privacy.
- File Analysis: When a user downloads a file from the internet, the identity protection downloads scanner intercepts the download process to conduct an in-depth analysis of the file to determine its characteristics, structure, and potential risks.
- Real-Time Updates: The scanner’s database is continuously updated with new information about emerging malware and harmful files.
- User Warnings: If the scanner identifies a downloaded file as potentially harmful, it will alert the user with a warning notification. The extension will then employ RAV Endpoint Protection to deal with the suspicious download and decide whether to delete the file, place it in quarantine, or ignore the warning.
The extension disabler enhances online security and improves browsing performance by selectively enabling or disabling extensions in the web browser as needed.
- Viewing Installed Extensions: When a user activates the extension disabler feature, the Online Security browser extension displays a list of all the other extensions installed in the browser.
- Disabling Extensions: The user can then choose which extensions they want to disable. By selecting an extension from the list and clicking on the “disable” button, the Online Security extension will deactivate that specific extension.
- Temporary or Permanent Disabling: The extension allows users to temporarily or permanently disable other extensions. Temporarily disabling an extension means it will be turned off for the current browsing session only, and it will automatically be re-enabled when the user opens a new browser session. Permanently disabling an extension means it will remain deactivated until the user manually re-enables it.
- Security and Performance: An extension disabler can be a useful tool to improve online security. If a user suspects that a particular extension might be compromised, behaving suspiciously, or causing security issues, they can disable it temporarily to prevent potential risks until they can investigate further or receive updates from the extension’s developer.